Scroll down to read about some of our current events and courses.
Trywydd Iach – Healthy Trail
Iechyd Awyr Agored Biosffer Dyfi /
Dyfi Biosphere Outdoor Health
yn dechrau Hydref 2019/ Begins October 2019
Dewch allan yr Hydref hwn i wneud gweithgareddau i wella eich iechyd a’ch lles. AM DDIM!
- Cerdded hamddenol ar ddydd Mercher a/neu lwybrau ‘Darganfod Dyfi’ ar benwythnosau.
- Gweithgareddau amrywiol yng ngwarchodfa natur Ynys-hir a Choed Gwern, (Canolfan y Dechnoleg Amgen) ar ddydd Mawrth.
- Garddio cymunedol yng Ngerddi Bro Ddyfi (Machynlleth) neu Erddi Cymunedol Borth ddydd Mawrth a dydd Iau.
- Treulio amser gyda Mulod Dyfi ar ddydd Llun.
Nodwch – Y tymor yma bydd y rhan fwyaf o’r gweithgareddau yn cychwyn yr wythnos gyntaf ym mis Hydref, yn wythnosol am chwe wythnos ond does dim rhaid mynychu bob wythnos. Os dymunir, bydd cyfle ychwanegol hefyd i wirfoddoli yn y gerddi.
Be active outdoors this Autumn to improve your health and well-being. FREE!
- Wednesdays and Weekends – Leisurely walking on Wednesdays and/or on the ’Darganfod Dyfi’ paths at weekends.
- Tuesdays – Varying activities at Ynys-hir RSPB reserve and Coed Gwern, CAT Pantperthog on Tuesdays.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays – Gardening at Gerddi Bro Ddyfi (Machynlleth) or Borth Community Gardens on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Mondays – Spending time with Dyfi Donkeys on Mondays
Please note: For this season, most activities will be weekly for six weeks starting the first week in October, but there is no obligation to attend sessions every week. There will also be additional opportunities to volunteer at the gardens.
01654 703965 / email@example.com
Social Forestry OCN Courses 2019
- 8th – 11th October: Centre for Alternative Technology, Machynlleth, Powys
Learn the theory and practice of social forestry, looking at how sustainable woodland management and crafts can help promote human wellbeing. These courses vary slightly depending on the venue, example course content includes:
- how woodlands promote human wellbeing
- managing group activities and individuals’ needs
- methods for observing changes in human wellbeing
- mindfulness in a woodland setting
- identifying and working in different woodland types
- practical woodland management
- setting up a woodland camp
- woodland crafts and activities
These Social Forestry OCN Level 3 courses were developed by Small Woods and accredited by the Open College Network (OCN). For more information about each course visit: Training
Actif Woods Wales
Getting Healthy the Woodland Way
Our Actif Woods Wales programme is changing lives. We run woodland health and wellbeing groups, activities and events across Wales with and for people:
- Aged 25 + and long-term unemployed or economically inactive
- A carer
- Experiencing a health condition
- Aged over 54
Join a Woodland Group
Get Healthy the Woodland Way. Find Actif Woods Wales activities and events in your local area (click on the links below):
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
This post is also available in: Welsh